Pages

Minnie Mouse nails

As I said in my last post I have another nail look to show you already, this time its my take on Minnie Mouse themed nails as suggested/mentioned in my blog comments by Claire (dreams are Necessary) I really like her blog..so much cuteness in one place ^_^  As for the nails... I kinda wanted to do a cute Minnie Mouse character on the accent finger but just couldn't get it how I wanted it... so in the end I went for Minnies bow instead.
 
I think these nails work better for an evening look as they're quite bold! I thought they'd look super girly but actually they came out kind've vampy in the end.  The trickiest bit was keeping the white line nice and neat.
-I started with the black base, added white in the same way as for a french but a bit lower down the nail.
-Next I painted a bright cherry red over the white tips leaving a thin margin, I used a dotting tool on top to add the white spots.
-BOWS  I used white polish for the base colour, creating a basic bow shape with a wide dotting tool.
-I colour the bows in red polish before adding the white spots with a small dotting tool,
-Last step, I used a fine brush and black polish to paint in some detail to the centre of the bow before finishing with a clear top coat.
The only problem with this look was that its really tricky to photograph black polish...it reeaallly reflects the light and goes so shiny so it took a while to get the lighting figured out for these pictures, I'm happy with the pics I got in the end though, perseverance paid off (when it seemed like it was never going to happen at one point) It makes me like the photos even more..coz I know I worked hard for them lol!
I messed around with the brightness on this one ..now it seems more gothic lolita style than Disney but I wanted to include it because it's a clear shot of the bows on the thumbs.
Hope you like them, they've been and gone now so there will be more (yes) soon (2 days off woo!) I just had a few posts ready at the same time for once so the order got muddled up..
Don't forget to enter the Pink Day Giveaway!

Painted

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE them so much!!! You are so talented!
    Next time I visit Disney Florida I'm doing my nails like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration..this idea had been bumping around my head for a while and not quite managing to get out so as soon as i saw your comment I just knew it had to be done! glad it gets approval haha!thanks for your comments and entering my giveaway x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks the nails on your profile look great too..they co-ordinate nicely with these ^_^

      Delete